Our upgraded 25m pool is open. We’re excited to introduce facility improvements including:
- Complete replacement of 25m pool tiles,
- Repair and upgrade to the pool shell and pool equipment,
- Renewed building enclosure with:
- corrosion protection of steel,
- re-sheeting of building,
- electrical upgrades,
- structural repair work, and
- repairs to doors and windows.
See more about all the recent works here:
50m pool relining:
This package of work forms part of the Stage 3 Rejuvenation project and will involve the complete replacement of 50m pool tiles. These works are planned for Winter 2023.
50m grandstand and shade sail upgrades:
Currently in planning and scoping phase, scheduled to commence later in 2022. Work includes blasting and painting the existing grandstand, replacement of roof sheeting and full replacement of the existing shade sail structure with a new multi-shade sail structure.
Gladstone Regional Council is being assisted to deliver this improved facility for the region with:
– $2.4m State Government funding, through the 2021-24 Works for Queensland Program,
– $1.2m State Government funding, through the COVID Works for Queensland Program, and
– $1.6m through the Federal Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program.