The Splash Zone at Gladstone Aquatic Centre is currently closed due to major renovations supported by Gladstone Regional Council. See below the latest updates on the project:
- Testing paint colour samples to see which will best suit the splash zone.
- They have removed all mosaic tiles in the toddler pool area in preparation for filling and re-coating the complete surface in that area.
- Surface drilling and filling of any hollowed areas around the splash zone. This will prevent future cracking and potential sinkholes in the affected areas.
- Digging up and replacement of broken pipework that was positioned below the surface of the splash zone feature.
- The contractors are getting all this done in preparation for another complete sanding on the surface.