The past few months have been busy on site as Gladstone Aquatic Centre rejuvenation works progress.
Since our March project update:
- temporary amenities have been removed,
- a pool hoist, step/ramp and temporary heating has been installed at the 50m pool,
- main amenities are open and in use,
- large columns and roof structures have been installed as part of front entrance upgrades.
- Supply issues have affected the sourcing of required materials with the completion of 25m pool upgrades now expected to be delayed.
TEMPORARY FACILITY ENTRANCE
- There is no access at the front of the facility with a temporary entrance to the Gladstone Aquatic Centre via the
northern or 25m pool access.
- External building work, as part of Phase 2 Building Renewals, continues with structural work for the entry portico
- While building works occur, access to the kiosk will be maintained. Please be safety conscious and follow the signage
25M POOL CLOSED FOR UPGRADES
- Current work in the 25m pool area involves the slow process of blasting and painting the entire building
- Complete replacement of 25m pool tiles, including repair and upgrades to the pool shell and pool equipment.
- 25m Pool building enclosure – Corrosion protection of steel, re-sheeting of building, electrical upgrades,
structural repair work and repairs to doors and windows. (Feb-Aug)
- Upgrades to the 25m pool water heating system (July-Aug)
- Amenities in the 25m pool area to remain open for patrons for as long as safe and practical during works. Access
via the corridor between the 25m pool.
50M POOL ADDITIONS
- Additions to the 50m pool have been completed to improve mobility and access for indoor pool patrons to freely
use the 50m pool in comfort, while an upgrade of the 25m pool occurs.
- We appreciate patron co-operation while installation of a temporary roof structure, pool hoist, pool step/ramp
and temporary heating has occurred.
- Temporary heating has warmed the water to support rehabilitation services and Learn-to-Swim classes and will
provide comfort for swimmers as the winter months approach.
- 50m pool relining: This package of work forms part of the Stage 3 Rejuvenation project and is currently in
planning and scoping phase.
- 50m grandstand and shade sail upgrades: Currently in the planning and scoping phase, scheduled to commence
later in 2022 and includes corrosion protection of steel and upgrades to shade sails.
Gladstone Regional Council is being assisted to deliver this improved facility for the region (planned dates are subject to change with
- $1.2m State Government funding, through the COVID Works for Queensland Program
- $1.6m through the Federal Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program