We have fantastic news to share with our Gladstone community!
Gladstone Regional Council will commence works on an exciting upgrade to the Gladstone Aquatic Centre, investing $1.3M to deliver a new and improved facility for the region. Upgrading our popular community asset has been partly funded by the State Government through their valued Works for Queensland program and supported by Council’s aquatic centre management, BlueFit.
The Gladstone Aquatic Centre Rejuvenation Project incorporates the following elements:
- 50m Pool Investigation and Minor Works: Core drilling to determine the condition of the pool (to inform future improvement works); minor tile and crack repairs; installation of FINA approved starting blocks.
- Filtration Plant Upgrade for 50m pool
- Installation of a new palisade boundary fence
- Electrical upgrade to the facility switchboard
- Upgrade to outdoor and indoor amenities, including an upgrade to disabled change facilities in both areas
- An upgrade to the 25m pool enclosure
- Replacement of aquatic play equipment and the surrounding concrete finishes
An upgrade of this nature will require temporary closure of some areas and both Council and BlueFit are committed to reducing inconvenience as much as possible and appreciate the community’s patience and cooperation as we rejuvenate the Gladstone Aquatic Centre.
The first component of the project is the 50m pool investigation and minor works, which will require the draining of the pool, and as such the 50m pool will be closed from Monday 24 August to Thursday 15 October 2020.
Gladstone Regional Council together with its aquatic centre management, BlueFit, are committed to keeping the community informed on this project and will provide monthly updates as the works progress.
If you would like further information on this project, please email email@example.com or contact 4970 0700.